Halloween is just a couple of weeks away. If you haven't started making plans yet, we thought you might like a top ten list to start the party rollin'. And, for those who want some adult "spirits" to get the plan started, take a chance for drinks on us at Tip Top Kitchen and Cocktails
10. Columbus Museum of Art
. What can possibly be scary about art? Absolutely nothing, but the Center for Creativity will help you unleash your most creative Halloween yet.
9. When you creative juices peak, how about designing your own costumer for Highball
? This two-night event made national news last year, and all you gotta do is mosey up to the Short North Arts District for the gala.
8. For those sports fans who want to skip trick or treat all together, hockey awaits. The Blue Jackets
will host and maybe scare the bejeebers out of the Toronto Maple Leafs at Nationwide Arena on October 31.
7. Stroll the eerie halls of Franklin Park Conservatory
after dark, or have a close encounter with dangerous, misunderstood and unusual members of the botanical world with Scary Plants.
6. Like haunted houses? How about joining Columbus Landmarks for their ghost tours
. Try if you dare...
invites ghosts, witches, super heroes, princesses and everyone in between for a day of tricks and treats at Spooktacular Celebration.
4. OSU Urban Arts Space is hosting Art in the Shadows
. Okay, full disclosure, it's not a scary Halloween thing, but it will still be cool.
3. Wanna stay home to create your own haunted house? Columbus Metropolitan Library
has some great books chocked full of ideas.
2. Even though kids get the whole candy stash, we need to throw them another bone, so take the kiddos to Thurber House
. During October, they host writing workshops for those ghosts and goblins in fourth to sixth grade.
1. And, after you have had a scary-good time making your Halloween plans, don't forget to refuel at one of the many downtown restaurants. This list will get you started
. Want a chance to win drinks on us from Tip Top? Click here