December hits hard with a long list of must-dos from holiday office parties to end-of-the-year deadlines. But what about what you need during the hustle and bustle?
How about a vacay around the world, or maybe just a really stiff drink to make you think you've taken a long leave? Unfortunately, not everyone has the cold, hard cash for a trip, but we've devised a way to stay right here in Cbus but get the feel of worldly travels... We're sipping cocktails in places that may feel far away, but are right downtown.
We've come up with a list of ten places to get you started, and if you leave a comment at the end of this blog about your favorite place to get a drink, you'll be entered to win 40 bucks worth of gift certificates from 89Fish and Grill
10. To get your bearings, start off at Latitude 41
. If you arrive before your friends, order some of the chef's signature bacon popcorn with your drink. Man, oh man, you are in for a treat, and unless you get a second bowl, you are not gonna want to share.
9. Before you take flight, you have to know where you are, right? Did you know that what is now the capital city of Ohio was once Wolf's Ridge, a hunting preserve on the east bank of the Scioto? Wolf's Ridge Brewing
promises to keep you hydrated for your journey.
8. If an elegant Italian dinner and drinks is on your agenda, you must be heading to Due Amici
. But don't forget their next door neighbors.
7. Okay, so we can't find any international ties to Tip Top
, but it's a must-go bar if you are anywhere near Gay Street. Besides, their sweet potato fries might just shoot you to the moon.
6. New French digs await at Chez Du Bon
. You can get wine by the glass or by the bottle, or maybe try one of their hand-crafted cocktails while you hang in the Petit Bistro and Bar.
5. May the luck of the Irish be with you at Dempsey's Food and Spirits
4. For our ocean-loving travelers, forget the Caribbean and just head down to 89Fish and Grill
. The bar is awesome, and we've heard the food is great, too.
3. Wanna travel back in time? 16-Bit Bar and Arcade
offers old-school fun along with drink choices ranging from basic brews to craft drafts.
2. Tacos and tequila... El Camino Inn
... enough said.
1. And finally, if all this fun ends you up in a tight spot at The Jury Room
, order the JR Signature Bloody Mary.
One more thing, we know this list only scratches the surface. Leave a comment here about your favorite downtown place to grab a cocktail, and you will be entered to win the gift certificates to 89Fish and Grill. Cheers.